The Motto of NSS, "NOT ME BUT YOU", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other fellow human beings. The college has two units of National Service Scheme sponsored by Alagappa University with a total sanctioned strength of 200 volunteers. Participation in NSS is mandatory for the first and second year students. The NSS volunteers are required to involve in Social Service activities, camps and special campaign activities. An orientation course is conducted for the volunteers. Students who work as volunteers for two years will be awarded a certificate issued by the University. NSS activities aim at instilling discipline, promoting culture, forming character building and developing personality through community services.
- To make national service more meaningful and purposeful and to integrate the same with curriculum.
- To provide an opportunity to the students to have a sense of participation in nation-building tasks.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- To inculcate the spirit of national consciousness in the minds of the students.