The objectives of the YRC are to impart a sense of discipline and formation of character to the students.REGULAR ACTIVITIES
- Inviting leading ophthalmologist and conducting eye camps to create awareness on eye donation and eye care among the youth.
- Creating nutritional awareness for the general public.
- Conducting blood and dental camps
- Visit to Ashrams and Orphanages.
- Road Safety Programmes
- Helping Blind Students by Reading
- Personality & Character Development Programme
Red Ribbon clubs are envisaged to instill among all the students in the educational institutions values of service, develop healthy life styles, and increase access to safe and adequate quantities of blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation. Apart from this, RRC aims at harnessing the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Nutrition and Reproductive & Sexual Health and building their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on positive health behavior in an enabling environment.The Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a voluntary on-campus intervention programme for students in colleges and universities in Tamil Nadu.OBJECTIVES
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To instill life skills into youths to live better and healthier life.
- Increasing the capacity of the education system in teaching, training of various basic health aspects and helping the adolescents and youths for achieving positive health
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
- To promote voluntary non‐remunerated blood donation among youth.